Thai Barley Salad
- 1 ½ cups uncooked barley
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 bell pepper
- ½ red onion
- 2 cups edemame (if frozen, thaw first)
- ½ cup peanuts
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3-5 lime (about ½ cup lime juice)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut mango, bell pepper, and onion into very small pieces. Finely chop the cilantro and peanuts. Set everything aside.
2. Cook the barley according to package directions.
3. Juice the limes and combine with the balsamic vinegar and honey.
4. Once the barley has cooled, combine all the ingredients and pour the dressing over the top. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss well so everything is coated. Top with extra cilantro and peanuts and serve.