Taco Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 can spicy black beans
- 2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup corn (can be fresh or frozen)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp fresh garlic (minced)
- Pinch of salt
1. Add water, quinoa, and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
2. While quinoa is cooking, chop all of your veggies and put in a large bowl.
3. Once quinoa is done cooking, pour into the bowl with the veggies and add in all the spices.
3. Mix together.
4. Top with avocado and an extra spritz of lime.
5. Can be eaten hot or chilled for later.
**This can be stored for up to 4 days in the fridge.**