Panko-Crusted Oven-'Fried' Chicken
Fried chicken is an ultimate crowd pleaser, but it’s not the most weeknight (or waist) friendly dish. Our baked-in-the-oven version is quick, tasty, and healthier, and still lets you indulge in crispy goodness!
Prep time: 15 min; Cook time: 15 min;
Total time: 30 min; Serves: 4
Chicken breasts, boneless & skinless – 1 1/4 lb (567 g)
Eggs – 1
Panko breadcrumbs – 1 cup (108 g)
Paprika – 1 Tbsp (7 g)
Salt – 1/2 tsp (3 g)
Black pepper – 1/4 tsp (1 g)
1. Chicken breasts – Slice into strips. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
2. Prep breading stations – In one bowl or container, whisk eggs with some salt and pepper. Combine panko, paprika, salt, and pepper in a container with a lid or Ziploc bag.
1. Heat oven to 375F / 190C degrees.
2. Dip chicken into eggs and then toss into panko mixture. Cover with lid or zip bag and shake until panko coats chicken. Brush sheet pan with some oil and spread chicken out onto sheet pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken is done and golden.
3. Enjoy chicken with your favorite condiment or sauce!