Citrus Quinoa Chicken Salad
Although it may be cold outside, citrus is in season and can brighten any meal! Check out this super easy and healthy quinoa chicken salad with fresh oranges. This recipes is a great source of protein, whole grains and fresh oranges, which are packed with vitamins and minerals.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1-in pieces
- 2 cloves of roasted garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
2. Pour olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and roasted garlic, stirring it occasionally to prevent sticking to the pan. Sprinkle with paprika and salt. Stir and cook until chicken is done, (about 8 minutes). Add cooked chicken, oranges, and avocado to the quinoa. Stir to combine and set aside.
3. For the dressing: whisk all of the ingredients together and pour over salad. Toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately.