Buffalo Cauliflower Poppers
-1 cup milk
-1 cup flour
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-pepper to taste
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 head of cauliflower
-2/3 cup Panko bread crumbs
-2/3 cup buffalo sauce*
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut cauliflower into bite sized pieces discarding the core.
3. Combine milk, flour, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil in a large bowl. Place batter and cauliflower in a large Ziploc bag and toss until cauliflower is coated.
4. Pour cauliflower into a large strainer letting any excess batter drip off. Sprinkle with Panko breadcrumbs and gently toss.
5. Place on a foil lined pan and bake 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently toss with buffalo sauce. You want the cauliflower coated but not soaked.
6. Place back on the pan and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender crisp. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
*Frank’s sauce is recommended and can be found near ketchup and BBQ sauce.